policy holder icon Policyholder Login
Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance

Safeguard Your Rental Property, Protect Your Investment

While a standard homeowners insurance policy can offer coverage for your home against various hazards, a landlord insurance policy is a more policy for your home that offers narrower coverage at a lower cost.

When you own a home and rent it out, you want to make sure you protect that investment against incidents like natural disasters, accidents or theft. These events can leave you vulnerable to paying large sums of money if you aren’t properly covered. A landlord or dwelling fire insurance policy covers single-family or duplex homes that are rented and not vacant. FedNat’s landlord (DP3) policy provides coverage that you can count on.

Loss of Use coverage provides a landlord with continuous rental income in the event a covered peril causes damage to a rental property making the property uninhabitable. If the renters are forced to live elsewhere, loss of use coverage ensures that the owner will not lose income from rental payments they would have otherwise received. This allows you to focus on repairing the property and not on financial hardship.